There are many ways to get from Pretoria to the spectacular Victoria Falls; but none as lavish and nostalgic as a journey on the Rovos Rail – the most luxurious train in the world. Travel in the sumptuous wonder of a bygone era as you enjoy an almost all-inclusive 4-night voyage to one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World.Contact an Agent Subscribe for Deals and New Packages
Luxury is the theme as you begin your journey jet-setting to Victoria Falls Airport and transferring to Zimbabwe’s splendid Ilala Lodge. Settle in with a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River to whet your appetite for a guided walk to Victoria Falls the next morning. Once you’ve marvelled at the mesmerising waterfalls and enjoyed a delightful lunch, the next leg of your journey begins at the Victoria Falls Station as you depart on the Rovos Rail at 17h00. After you’ve had time to freshen up in your suite in this travelling home for the next few days, you can join your fellow travellers in the lounge or observation cars to savour the ever-changing scenery of southern Africa.
A formal dinner like no other prepares you for an early-morning game drive at The Hide in Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park the next day. Thereafter, the railway expedition continues with lunch and a formal dinner served in the dining cars, as well as a tea served in the lounge and observation cars – all as you pass the city of Bulawayo and cross the Tropic of Capricorn and the famed Limpopo River. Your time on-board the luxury Rovos Rail is spent at your leisure as you enjoy views of the countryside – passing them by at a wistful pace – as well as your well-appointed chambers, en-suite bathroom and peaceful, quality time. Through Bela-Bela and Nylstroom, you will finally arrive at Pretoria Station after breakfast on your final morning – feeling rested and rejuvenated after an experience-filled cross-country getaway.
- Rovos Rail: 3 nights accommodation in a Pullman suite (other categories available on request - POA), all meals and beverages, room service, limited laundry, excursions with a qualified guide (where applicable), entrance fees as per itinerary, government tax
- Victoria Falls: One night accommodation at the Ilala Lodge 4* on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, excursion to the Falls, sundowner cruise, all transfers at Victoria Falls
- Flights and taxes (Rewards will gladly assist you with your booking)
- Victoria Falls: Lunch, beverages, Covid testing will be done on arrival in Victoria Falls. The cost of the test is US$ 70 cash.
- Rovos Rail: Rovos Rail: International/French Champagne
- Porterage and Gratuities, all items of a personal nature, visas (if required), travel insurance
- Airport and Station transfers in South Africa (can be arranged by the Rewards team)