There are many ways to get from Pretoria to the spectacular Victoria Falls; but none as lavish and nostalgic as a journey on the Rovos Rail – the most luxurious train in the world. Travel in the sumptuous wonder of a bygone era as you enjoy an almost all-inclusive 4-night voyage to one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World.Contact an Agent Subscribe for Deals and New Packages
Your travelling home for the next 3 days departs from the station at 10h00, allowing you time to freshen up in your suite before joining your fellow travellers in the lounge or observation cars to savour the ever-changing scenery of southern Africa.And so the expedition begins, with lunch and a formal dinner served in the dining cars, as well as a tea served in the lounge and observation cars – all as you pass Bela-Bela and Nylstroom and cross the Tropic of Capricorn and the famed Limpopo River.
Your next two days on-board the luxury Rovos Rail are spent at your leisure as you enjoy the views of Zimbabwe’s countryside – passing them by at a wistful pace – as well as your well-appointed chambers, en-suite bathroom and peaceful, quality time. And this all leads to an exciting game drive at The Hide in Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park.The next day gives you a chance to debate on what wins between the journey and the destination. While your lodging will be at the Ilala Lodge Hotel, your day will be centred around the mesmerising Victoria Falls, with both a guided walking tour to the waterfall and a sundowner cruise along the Zambezi River – a fine way to end a most memorable getaway before jet-setting home the next day.
- Rovos Rail: 3 nights accommodation in a Pullman suite (other categories available on request - POA), all meals and beverages, room service, limited laundry, excursions with a qualified guide (where applicable), entrance fees as per itinerary, government tax
- Victoria Falls: One night accommodation at the Ilala Lodge 4* on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, excursion to the Falls, sundowner cruise, all transfers at Victoria Falls
- Flights and taxes (Rewards will gladly assist you with the bookings)
- Rovos Rail: International/French Champagne, Covid Test on arrival at Victoria Falls. Covid testing will be done on arrival in Victoria Falls. The cost of the test is US$ 70 cash.
- Victoria Falls: Lunch, beverages
- Porterage and Gratuities all items of a personal nature, visas (if required), travel insurance
- Airport and Station transfers in South Africa (can be arranged by the Rewards team)